Always in your corner
- Personal Injury (Motor Vehicle/Truck Negligence; Building and Premises Liability)
- Professional Negligence (Physicians, Hospitals, Nursing Home)
- Construction Site Accidents
- Product Liability (Defective Design or Manufacture)
- Trial Consultant and Expert Witness
With nearly fifty years of experience to his credit, Barry S. Huston began his career as a defense lawyer at Dreyer and Traub in New York City in 1972. He was responsible for the self-insured retention on cases against major building owners and contractors. Because of his success, Mr. Huston was asked to handle subrogation cases which lead to Mr. Huston becoming a plaintiff's lawyer exclusively.
Beginning in the last 1970's, Mr. Huston begain his Plaintiff's tort practice, and he began making his mark in the field. In 1982, he brought a landmark "Dram Shop" case. Up until that time, most establishments serving alcohol did not have a separate insurance endorsement covering alcohol liability. The case resulted in insurance companies mandating searate "Dram Shop" endorsements to their policies.
In 1987, he merged his firm and became a partner at Edelman & Edelman, P.C. While there, he prosecuted successfully a product liability case against a major automobile manufacturer resulting in the highest settlement up until that time against a motor vehicle manufacturer. In 1994, Mr. Huston became a Senior Trial Attorney at Schneider, Kleinick, Weitz, Damashek & Shoot. Mr. Huston was admitted pro hac vice in Massachusetts to represent a quadriplegic injured in a motor vehicle accident. The case was settled for the largest amount for a single victim of a motor vehicle accident in Massachusetts history. Another landmark case that Mr. Huston started involved a college student who ingested supplement tablets containing ephedra causing his death. The case helped in the enactment of federal legislation tightening up the regulation of diet supplements containing ephedra.
In 1997, Mr. Huston founded the firm of Huston & Schuller, P.C., and in 2012, he established The Huston Law Group, PLLC. Mr. Huston continues his active trial practice in motor vehicle accidents, premises liability and medical malpractice cases.
Mr. Huston is an honors graduate of Stuyvesant High School in New York City. He received a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the City University of New York, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Brooklyn Law School. He was admitted to practice law in the State of New York (1973), and was admitted to the United States District Courts of the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and The Supreme Court of the United States. Mr. Huston sate previously as an attorney member of the Medical Malpractice Panels. In addition, he has been a member of the Joint Judicial Screening Committee in Manhattan.
Among the many accomplishments of his career, Mr. Huston is proud of his ability to help families recover from very difficult personal tragedies through financial security and compensation. A proponent of lifelong education, he advises the next generation of legal professionals entering his field to "spend every day learning something new." In this regard, he has earned the title of "Advocate" from the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Highlighted among the Top Attorneys of North America by Who's Who Directories for many years, Mr. Huston is a recipient of the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, as well as a Marquis Who's Who Top Professional. Further, he was selected for inclusion in numerous editions of Who's Who in America, Who's Who American Law and Who's Who in the World. He is the recipient of Marquis Who's Who Top Lawyers and Who's Who Top Lawyers in North America. A recent achievement was his selection as a New York "Super Lawyer".
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1972
- Queens College of the City University of New York, Queens, New York
- B.A. - 1969
- Major: Sociology and American Studies
- New York, 1973
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, pro hac vice
- Super Lawyers
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award - 2018 of the Marquis Who's Who Publications Branch
- Lifetime Charter Member Best Attorneys of America
- Top Attorneys of North America by the Who's Who Directories
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Law
- Medical Malpractice Panel- Certified as Attorney Member when system existed
- Judicial Screening Committee of the New York City Bar Association and the New York County Lawyers Association - Member
- Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center - Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Hon. Robert J Miller, J.S.C., Appellate Division, 2d Dept
- Hon. Barry Kamins, J.S.C. (Ret.)
- Hon. David F. Everett, J.S.C.
- Hon. R. Bruce Cozzens, J.S.C.
- The Perecman Firm, PLLC, Counsel, 2006 to 2012
- Huston & Schuller, P.C., Partner, 1997 to 2006
- Schneider, Kleinick, Weitz, Damashek & Shoot, Senior Trial Attorney, 1994 to 1997
- Edelman & Edelman, P.C., Partner, 1987 to 1994
- Barry S. Huston, Attorney at Law, Principal, 1984 to 1987
- Arenstein & Huston, P.C., Partner, 1980 to 1984
- Barry S. Huston, Attorney at Law, Principal, 1975 to 1980
- Dreyer and Traub, Associate, 1972 to 1975
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- New York County Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Council, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Trial Advocacy, American Association of Justice, 2001
Current Employment Position